- CV is committed to optimally meeting our clients' project goals, utilising proven management, expertise and significant resources.
- All projects are managed through a single project team with clearly defined, fully accountable, management structures that provide our clients with the benefits of seamless project delivery.
- Continuously building and investing in our equipment and workforce ensures CV can offer the most innovative and cost-efficient construction solutions in the market.
Jim Cross and Darren Verwijmeren provide direct project supervision for all of CV’s projects. Their collective areas of expertise and experience bring unique understanding of project challenges and solutions to best achieve your project goals.
Hands-on project management with specialised expertise to optimise
your project solutions with:
- Geological and mining and engineering surveying expertise
- Significant earthworks project experience
- Practical mining operations experience
- Proven management tools and capabilities
- Single project team with clearly defined goals
- In-depth understanding of project challenges
- Commitment to providing innovative cost-effective
Jim Cross (Director & Owner)
Graduated from University of Western Australia with a BSc (Hons) in Geology in 1993. He has worked as an exploration geologist for 3 years for Placer Dome and Resource Service Group in the Laverton District and in Kalimantan, Indonesia. He has over 16 years in the earthmoving Industry and established Cross Verwijmeren Pty Ltd in 2008, with Darren.
- Darren Verwijmeren (Director & Owner)
Darren is a co-founding director and owner of Cross Verwijmeren since 2008. Prior to Cross Verwijmeren, Darren worked over a period of 11 years extensively in the mining industry in various roles performing exploration, mining and engineering surveying, through to Mine Planning Engineering and Project Manager of large scale remote civil works.
Darren graduated with an Advanced Diploma in Mining and Engineering Surveying and holds a Quarry Managers Ticket.
- Naomi Cross (CPA) (Chief Financial Officer)
Naomi has been with Cross Verwijmeren since inception in May 2008, and has over 15 years accounting experience, 7 of those in a commercial accounting environment. Naomi has senior accounting experience within the multinational manufacturing industry, and is a fully qualified Certified Practicing Accountant.
Dave Brindle- Human Resources & Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Manager (HR/HSEQ)
With over 18 years of experience in Risk Management & Human Resources, Dave holds a BSc in Health and Safety from Curtin University. His experience includes HR, HSEQ and training related roles in Local Government, Health Care and Civil Construction/ Mining. As HR/HSEQ Manager at Cross Verwijmeren, Dave has assisted the company in developing and implementing progressive staffing and training programs and policies for services to a broad range of clients including major resource companies such as FMG, Atlas Iron and Rio Tinto. He is committed to proactively engaging and up skilling the workforce and ensuring the culture of the business holds true to its professional risk management approach on the ground. Dave regards the prevention of workplace injury and disease and the empowerment of staff as his main driving force for choosing this career path. His broad and diverse practical background, proven strategic approach and sound interpersonal style enable a "solution" orientated approach to workplace management issues.
- Gregg Brown ( Exploration Earthworks Manager)
Gregg has over 25 years earthmoving experience. He joined Cross Verwijmeren as an operator in 2008 and during this time has, conducting exploration earth works for various Pilbara based iron ore companies.
In Greggs current role as Exploration Earthworks Manager he is solely responsible for the managing the exploration earthworks division of Cross Verwijmeren. In this capacity he ensures our client’s project goals are clearly defined and met with effective project management and resources throughout project implementation. Gregg has successfully completed the following courses Cert III Civil Construction Plant Operations 2010; Cert IV Surface Extraction Operations 2012; Cert IV Training and Assessment 2013; and Cert IV Frontline Management 2013.